Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Shoes

I was so late with this baby card (baby was already 6 months old!) that it had to be quick and easy. I knew I wanted to do a card with a pair of Maryjanes, but was disappointed that there wasn't a cutfile to be found in any of the 150 plus currently available Cricut cartridges. BTW, if ever you're looking for a particular image and wondering if there might be a cutfile for it on any of the Cricut Cartridges, be sure to check out the CricutSearch.com website. It's probably the best that's available to do that sort of search, although I've found that the searches aren't always thoroughly complete.  I finally found a suitable image to render into a cutfile by doing a image search on the Google, but I think I spent more time searching than the time it took to put the whole card together.
Once I found the image I wanted to use, Make the Cut (MTC) easily rendered it into a cutfile. MTC was also used to create all the die cut words and shadows using Lettering Delights truetype font, Charming Bold.
Used my Martha Stewart doily edge punch for a border and added flatback flower buttons to the shoes and as the stop for the easel and it was done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet card...better late than never!
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Joy said...

sweet card. love what you did. cute shoes and I love the DP! so fabulous! Its always the thought that counts. so I know they will love it! have a good week!

Creations by Patti said...

Ha-low..........
yet another beautiful card............I'd been searching for that baby shoe when I saw it on someone's site in Surope for a while. I thought it was a die....who'd guess it is a cut file! As usual.........thanks so much for sharing!!!
hugs,
P

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, such a sweet, sweet card.

Kelly said...

Awwww what a sweet card. It is just as cute as can be. Love your choice of color and paper. The little flowers are adorable. I'm sure it will be treasured no matter how late it is. Thanks for the seach link.

Little C's Creations said...

very cute, Eunice!! Love those adorable shoes... glad youwere able to find them, and how cute that they cut out. Haven't gotten the MTC program yet. Do you like it much better than the SCAL?

Hugs
Jen

Teri said...

Oh Eunice, this is such a sweet and adorable creation! Love it!!