Monday, May 17, 2010

Create A Critter for Boys Day

Just recently got my Create A Critter cartridge and am lovin' it the the max! So many cutesy animals and bugs all in one cartridge. Hoping Provocraft continues to come out with more like this!
My first card with this cart was a Boys Day card created for my dd's bf. The inspiration for this card came from Jin Yong's "Sunny Days - Panda Family" card which she created and posted on her blog, Under A Cherry Tree. You'll find her cute card posted on her April 26th post. If you haven't discovered this blog yet, you must hop on over and see all her sweet and darling creations! I used the same Panda cut and changed him up just a little by bringing one of his arms up so he could hold on to his red carp kite.


The carp cut comes from another new favorite cartridge, Pagoda. I cut away part of the front of the card for the grassy background and mounted my panda (popped up with foam tape) onto it to create sort of a semi shaped card.

Super duper easy, but so cute!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like this idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Always enjoy your projects.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Cyndi said...

very cute card!! i love the create a critter cartridge too! they are all so cute! you always do a nice job!

"Um Buggin" said...

Oh Eunice! What an absolutely adorable and sweet card my friend. Leave it to you to make a regular cut extraordinary! Hope I spelled it right, lol. I love it!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Jin Yong said...

Eunice, I love your Boys Days card! So clever of you to turn the panda's arm so that it can hold the kite. Great job!

Jin Yong said...

Oops. I published my comment before I say thank you for mentioning my blog. Thank you. :-)

Creations by Patti said...

No kidding...........is this a cute card or what? Love it!!!! (especially the hat!) Hugs, Patti

Joy said...

awe...this panda is too cute! reminds me of KUNG FU PANDA..lol! love the new cricut cartridge. I don't even own one, but it's never ending yah! this is so cute for boy's day. have a good day!

Jenny V. said...

Awww so cute. I haven't gotten around with this cartiage yet. But I love and adore the images. Enjoy your weekend.

Kelly said...

OMG...What an adorable card. I love how you turned this into a shaped card...so creative! I've been thinking about getting that cartridge but after seeing what you've done with it...it's a must have!

Jodi said...

This is adorable!! I love this cartridge and have yet to use it!! What a really cute cute card for boy's day!! I hope to better prepare for next year for my hubby!! LOL!
Hugs
Jodi =)