Monday, April 19, 2010

Quick & Easy Gift Card Holder Purses

Been so pre-occupied with the planning of our upcoming trip that I haven't had the time to do much crafting. Decided it would be a good time to finally post these gift card holders that I made a while back, but never had the chance to post. These are really simple to do and I often fall back on this purse when I'm falling late with a gift.

The cut file for this gift card holder uses all George. For the front closure, I used a Stampin Up scallop punch and circular greeting stamp and a flower shaped rhinestone from Photocraft. To keep the purse nicely closed, magnetic strips are glued to the purse and the inside of the closure.


Here's what the card looks like on the inside with the gift card in place...



Hello Kitty is a sizzlits die...she's all decked out and ready to go shopping!


Here's another one done in shades of blue... I used glittered cardstock from the DCWV Sweet stack for these and had fun embellishing with rhinestones, flowers, ribbon and a paper lace edging cut with a Martha Stewart edge punch.


These are really kinda fun to embellish! Recently I picked some sizzlits dies of girly things like lipstick and nailpolish which I think might look cute to decorate inside these purses too.

If you'd like to give one these a try, shoot me an email and I'll send the cut file your way. BTW, next Cricut Club meeting is scheduled for the 25th!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG...this is adorable! I love everything about it and you did such a great job putting it together! Yes, the sizzix girly things would be perfect! I may have to scraplift this for my granddaughters!

Jean Rowell said...

can you please send me the cut file...my email address is okcorowell@bellsouth.net. I was not able to send you an email.

Jodi said...

Eunice these are just too cute!! Love the purses and how they open up! HK is adorable too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

i adore the gift card holder purse. please can you send me a copy of the cut file.my email address is davidholt21@btinternet.com I was not able to send you an email. thank you

Florence said...

Please send me the cut file. My daughter would love to make this for her friends. My email address is spelfo@hotmail.com

Florence said...

sorry, typo on the email address. It should be speflo@hotmail.com

Creations by Patti said...

OK Eunice, again this is waaaay cute...........what a cute project for the upcoming Mother's Day or a present in general. Still love this style of gift card holder. Good to see this cut version!!! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project and great timing, Eunice. Wonderful for any girly occasion.
TFS

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute and can be used for so many occasions. I love it - thank you so sharing.
I would love the information on how to create it myself, my email is nancyklap@wisper-wireless.com

thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my....how cute!!!! Would absolutely love this cut file. What an adorable gift card holder idea. I also love, love, love your taste in music. Makes me soooo happy!!! My email is slc9186@aol.com

TIA
Susan

Teri said...

Love your GCH purses! I haven't tried out that pattern yet!! HK is just the perfect touch too!

Joy said...

WOW! awesome purse GCHs! love it and it looks so neat when opened! hope you have a wonderful week!

Jenny V. said...

Hi Eunice!These are so cute. My friend birthday is coming by soon and thinking of some ideas to make for her. Love this gift card bag. Can you send me the cut file to jennyscreations808@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

happy2scrap56 said...

Oh yes please send me the file for this.My grand daughter loves hello kitty and I have the cart..
thank you
happy2scrap56@yahoo.com