Friday, March 12, 2010

Heaven Sent

My cousin's daughter and her hubby welcomed a new addition to their family earlier this year and this is the card I created for little baby Blair. Had to do something quick and easy since I was already so late!

Found this cute Darcy Hunter Teddy Bear Angel image and used Make The Cut to render it into a cut file. I just can't get over how much easier this is to do with this new cutting program. What I love most is that I no longer have to struggle with nodes and vectors in Inkscape before importing my image into SCAL to cut. With Make The Cut, I simply import my image into the program and voila! Make The Cut renders it into a cut file. Fast and easy...just my speed!

I still feel most comfortable with Design Studio, so I used it together with the George cartridge to cut the window and create the scalloped frame. Used Cuttlebug embossing folders on the cloud and front of the card for some fun texture. Added Robin's Nest dewdrops to accent the frame, Martha Stewart Valentine doily punch for the edging. Then tied on a satin ribbon and a personalized tag cut with a Sizzlit die and it was done!

4 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

OMG, Eunice...I will certainly need to pay you a visit if I get over to the island to learn about your cut files and how you manage to get such great project images. I am barely friends with my Cricut.....giggle..........giggle....... I am huge Bear fan!

Kelly said...

Oh my Eunice, this is such a sweet card. I love that bear and how you embossed the cloud!

Joy said...

such a cute card...this is heavenly sent! wonderful job!

Kelly said...

I already commented on this sweet card but I wanted to wish you a Happy Easter but I guess with the time difference, I'm kind of late...I hope you had a wonderful day! love visiting your blog...you put so much love into all of your work.