Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Projects...a little late

Halloween has come and gone, the end of the year is just around the corner and already I feel myself falling behind...my procrastination is taking its toll.



The inspiration for my Halloween luminaria came from the October issue of Martha Stewart's Living Magazine. She had done up some pretty elaborate and intricate designs for her luminarias, and I decided to give it a try with Cricut and Design Studio. I welded shapes from the George cartridge to do the basic luminaria, a frame from the Jasmine cart for the oval cut out, then welded the scaredy cat and fence cuts from Paper Dolls Dress Up to the inside of the oval. Orange vellum was taped to the inside of the luminaria, and I added a little battery powered flame to light it up.






Photocraft's Cricut Club held their second meeting in October with quite a good turnout. Look at all the neat Halloween projects that were shared!


This cute spider bag was shared by Robin. She used a CD envelope to create a very cool window package for her Halloween treats. Robin inked up her embossing folder with a black stamp pad to create the spider web and used the Doodlecharms cart to cut her scary spider and cute pumpkin.


Kris shared a number of SCAL projects cut with her Cricut at the meeting. Everyone thought this pop up Halloween card was just awesome, with so much detail, and oh, so fun how the ghost pops out from the haunted house to say "Boo!"...another great example of the v-fold pivot at work.
Kris also shared this super neat spider and web box, cut with SCAL and Cricut. Love those googlie eyes! Kris purchased the svg files for this box and the pop up card from Paperthreads. (Very cool site with over a thousand different kinds of svg cuts you can purchase at really reasonable prices)


And this neat double slider treat box is yet another project shared by Kris. Isn't she just amazing? This looks really hard to do, but Kris claims it's really just a double slider card, only with a box on one side. Gonna have to spend some time later to figure out how to make this....

Jen from Pieces of Me showed up for the meeting too! Jen shared her very cute backpack goodie box, but I missed getting a photo of it. You can see it and even download the cutfile over on her Cricut sharing blogsite, Cricut Cuts By Jen. While you're there, be sure to take a look around because you'll find cutfiles for a lot of awesome projects created and generously shared by this multi-talented lady. If you decide to download any of her files, please don't forget to leave her comment to thank her!

The project I shared at the meeting was inspired by a cute Pumpkin Make and Take Card that Jean of Dandelion Designs had done earlier at the store to showcase her new line of sweet little Halloween stamps. Jean is always so creative, and always comes up with the neatest creations. I used her pop out of the pumpkin card idea and stuck it on to a goodie box. The cutfile for the box was done in Design Studio using George, and the jack-o-lantern and ghost cuts are from Paper Dolls Dress Up.

If you are interested in sharing projects done with the Cricut, you should definitely come to the next meeting! We'll be sharing Christmas and holiday projects at Photocraft Hawaii on Sunday, November 15th at 12:30. It's really fun to learn and share!

Here's another spider treat box created by my sweet friend and dh's talented co-worker, Heather. Spider cut is from the Doodlecharms cart, and I suspect she may have created the box in Design Studio. I really like the festive Halloween-y cardstock, and how the spider was cut large enough so his legs would extend past the edges of the box...neat, huh. I loved Kris' spider box so much that I made up a bunch to share with friends at work. As always, I was so last minute so I didn't get to add the fun googlie eyes to my spiders, but they turned out okay. Eeek! Lookit all those spiders on my floor!
I also decorated some gift bags with the Halloween-y cuts from the Hello Kitty cartridge for special friends and family. Being that I had procrastinated till the end, it was a good thing that these came together really quickly!

Last, but not least, here's the Halloween card our doggie sent out to her friends and family this year. The cards were created online by uploading my photos to Hallmark.com. The cards are really quick and easy to create, and the nice thing is that Hallmark will mail the cards directly to your recipients.I guess the most difficult part was getting little Latte into her costumes and trying to convince her smile. Needless to say, she did not enjoy this a single bit...
...and by the end of the photo session both doggy and photographer were totally exhausted!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG Eunice...you have been BUSY! Just LOVE everything you've done! Can't decide which is my favorite so I'll pick them ALL! Your little doggie is so sweet. We've got a Maltese and she is a sweetheart too!

Joy said...

you have been holding out on us Eunice! I love all the creations you and your gang made for Halloween! you talented ladies with their cricuts! so amazing! love the projects and ideas! such a cute picture of your doggie! he does look pooped! TFS!

Kelly said...

Hi Eunice...me again,stop by my blog. I left a blog award for you there.

Jodi said...

oh these are fabulous!! I love the treats that you made, and I love love love the cute photo that your doggie had with the photographer!!
Adorable!
Hugs
Jodi =)