Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Girl's Day!

A card sent to dd to celebrate Girls Day. Can't believe I actually went digging through my stash of old rubberstamps to make this card! The hina ningyo stamp is from Mari & Me. I used two sakura stamps from Stamps 'n Such to heat emboss the right panel of this Joy fold card.



Hina ningyo image was stamped, cut out, and colored with Prismacolor & Copic pens. A second
image was stamped onto glossy Currency Gold cardstock, heat embossed and cut out. The first ningyo image was then pop dotted onto the gold screen for dimension. All panels were edged with a Krylon gold leafing pen. Layered 3 sizes of sakura punch for front closure, doodles with a Gelly Roll Glaze pen. Sentiment is computer generated. Holy Moly! Now that is what I call some heavy duty stampin'. Haven't done one like this in years! Good thing I made more than one like this because don't think I'll be doing anything like this again for awhile.

This pillow box was cut using a coluzzle box template. To make it Japanese, I tried to decorate it to look like an obi on a kimono. Used Bazzill Bling edged with a gold leafing pen for the obi and decorated with sakura. Added a pink organza ribbon tied into a knot for a sash.
Inside, are tucked a pair of earrings and other small goodies which were sent to dd.

Inspiration credits for the Joy fold card and for making me dig thru my stamp stash go to Jen and Teri; and the idea of layering the sakura punches to Norice at Creations Unlimited.



Busted out my Paper Dolls Dressup cart for the very first time together with some welding on Design Studio to do the kimono and hair on my Japanese doll on this gift bag. This was kinda fun and I really would have liked to do more in terms of details on the kimono and such, but I was so pressed for time that I had to be satisfied with just this.

3 comments:

2 Worlds said...

I this card at Jens very beautiful card

Rita said...

Your cards are AMAZING!!! I luv your blog & I've added you to my Google reader, so that I can stop by on a daily basis. I learned about you from Jen & she's right you are very talented!

Jodie said...

Hi there-

I just love your card.... and your blog....those cookie sure look yummy...