Sunday, December 24, 2017

2017 Holiday Cards

It's Christmas Eve and I'm happy to say I made it through another holiday season. This is the family Christmas card we sent out to friends and family this year. Since we had plans to be out of town during the first week of December, I forced myself to get started extra early this year, and amazingly finished 80 of these before December...wow, that's gotta be a first for me!

I used metal cutting dies to create the Santa sleigh scene for the front of my card. Santa and reindeer die is from Impression Obsesssion, Winter Neighborhood border die from Cheery Lynn, and Hillside border die from Lawn Fawn. Sentiment label and frame were cut on the Silhouette and adhered to the card together with the Winter Neighborhood border using foam tape for three layers of dimension. Creating the snowy background was the funnest and easiest step;  just went crazy making random dots on the red cardstock with a bamboo skewer and some white acrylic paint!

And here's the inside of the card, inspired by a  recent Make and Take project shared by dear friend Kelli at our craft club meeting. I thought the Pop Up Book style card would be a fun way to showcase our photo this year.  I used the  6 x 6 inch Pop Up Book template and tutorial shared by Norma from From My Craft Room  as a guide for my insert. I adjusted the size of the pop up book to be a little larger to accommodate our photo, compensating by decreasing the depth of the book a little. I also decreased the overall size of the card to 5-1/2 inches square so it could be easily cut on the Silhouette. Sizzix Snowglobe embossing folder was used to emboss  the frame panels. Cutting, embossing and adhering those TEN individual panels was definitely the most time consuming and tedious step of creating this card!

I made just one other Christmas card this year, for our granddaughter to celebrate her First Christmas.

I used a cutting file from Cuddly Cute Designs for the reindeer...isn't she adorable?...and put her on a round shaped easel card.

Couldn't resist putting her head on a wobbler for some fun!

And here's our sentiment on the inside...it's really hard having to spend the holidays miles apart from family! Really glad that hubby and I had the chance to spend at some time with our granddaughter early in December. Hope you all are having wonderful Christmas! 


3 comments:

kg said...

Awesome cards, as usual!!!

Lynn said...

Both cards are so special! You are a dedicated crafter. I am amazed at your crafting skills. Love the way your photo is showcased and that you made the round easel card with a wobble head. Happy New Year!

Shirley N said...

80! I nearly fell off my chair, lol! This year was so hard for me and you totally put me to shame. What a beautiful family Christmas card and keepsake for all your recipients. Your creation is just amazing and your card for your granddaughter is adorable!!!