Sunday, May 11, 2014

For Our Special Moms

Had so much fun with my first Card in a Box card that I wanted to do more...this time for our Mothers Day cards. We just got back from visiting with my daughter and son in law in Cali, and also spent a few days vacationing in Vegas... so I came home to a long list of cards and projects I was totally behind on...Mothers Day, thank you cards, birthdays, graduations...YIKES! It's a good thing this Card In a Box is so super quick and easy to put together!
On the inside of the box, I added some fun flower cuts I picked up from Miss Kate Cuttables. Cut these on my Silhouette from plain white cardstock and colored them in with Copics...I found this was much easier for me than trying to decide on different colored papers for all the different layers. Cute litte peeking doggie is a cutfile from Little Scraps of Heaven. Butterflies and leafy flourishes were cut using dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.
Here's a view from the top to show the placement of the die cuts on the struts inside the box. I used strips of clear acetate attached to the flowers inside the box to position them at the heights I wanted.
In it's closed position, the card lays flat to easily slip into an envelope. I added our sentiment to the back panel using a label image found from a Google image search and had MTC create a cutfile for it. Fonts used are Brock Script and CK Script.
Then for a little sweet treat for the all the moms to take home after our family dinner get together, I baked up a couple batches of lemon shortbread cookies. I used the School Kine Cookie recipe found here  and added a couple teaspoonfuls of lemon extract and a bit of lemon icing.
Didn't have enough time to make boxes or decorate gift bags for the cookies so I simply put them in cellophane bags tied with a bow and added a tag. These are from the Cricut Wrap It Up cartridge...quick and easy and kinda pretty.
And...of course I couldn't end this post without sharing the first and CUTEST Mothers Day treat I received this year. From none other than my sweet friend Lorna, check out these pretty little post it note holders she made for all of us at work.
Just love this kokeshi "mama" stamped and washi-pieced image from Dandelion Designs that she used to decorate these! Notice the little baby kokeshi perched on mama's back? CUTE!!!! Thank you again, Lorna for bringing so much happy to us at work!
Happy, happy Mothers Day to all you hardworking, caring and loving moms! Today celebrates how very special each of you are....enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Aww Happy Mother's Day Eunice!I hope you had a lovely day!
Wow that is a gorgeous CIAB! The details are stunning. Pretty color choices too.
Thanks for sharing the link to the cookies, will have to try it as my mom loves all things lemon. :)
Ahhh so cute those notepads are. Lucky gal. Have a great week!!
^.^

Carole Beath said...

I absolutely LOVE your box with the beautiful flowers and that oh so sweet little doggy living in it.
Great colors.... wonderful project.
Carole

Lynn said...

Woof Wonderful! Love your colorful pop up box card with the adorable textured dog. Your treats made me desire shortbread cookies so I was delighted that you showed me where to get the recipe. I fondly remember those shortbread school cookies...the best thing on the school menu! I'm looking forward to your next post. You always share the best creations.