Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Bunnies Galore!

Happy Hoppy Easter! Here are the shadowbox style gable cookie boxes I put together for Easter treats this year. The original idea for these came from an adorable shadowbox gift card holder created by the multi talented Brigit Mann. on her blog "Brigit's Scraps". Brigit used a cutting file from the Lori Whitlock Shop for her shadowbox gift card holder. If you like CUTE, you definitely need to check out both sites...you'll fall in love with everything!

For the shadowbox element on my cookie boxes, I purchased the SVG cutting file for the shadowbox giftcard bag from the Lori Whitlock Shop. Then, instead of putting the shadowbox in a bag as in the original cutting file, I placed it into a gable box. Gable box is an old cutting file I created in Make the Cut a few years back, just tweaked it a bit so everything would fit and come together nicely.


Paper pieced bunnies, grass and carrot are images found online which were rendered into cutting files using Make the Cut design program. Pretty patterned paper background is a retired digital file called "Happy Spring" designed by Nancy Kubo which I purchased a few years ago. Put together a dozen of these bunny girl boxes and filled them with homemade pizzelle cookies.

Of course, I had to make at least one little boy bunny box for my dear son in law! I  had so much fun putting these boxes together...I'm finding that shadowbox projects have piqued my interest lately, especially after seeing many of them at the Lori Whitlock Shop. I'm hoping to start experimenting and playing with a few more shadowbox projects in the future!


Now for the best part...check out these fabulous Easter bunny treats I received from two super talented and creative friends!

This lovable little bunny put together by my dear crafting buddy Kris is really a box! I fell in love with this amazing bunny box the first time I saw him over at  the SVGCuts Shop. Of course I bought the cutting file for it too, but still haven't had the chance to make him yet... and now that I see how super CUTE he really is irl, I'm even more inspired and excited to try making him too...maybe for next Easter?

Leave it to my AWE-mazing friend Lorna to come up with yet another crazy cute, outside-the-box creative treat holder! Aren't these darling Easter bunny slippers just the most adorable thing you've ever seen? Can't tell from the photos but Lorna strapped Easter candies underneath the rug the slippers are sitting on.

And for those of you who enjoy crafts with a little Asian flavor, these Daruma Easter bunnies Lorna created for her Bon Dance Club will surely tickle your fancy! Lorna decorated red plastic eggs for her Daruma treat holders, adding bunny ears, nose, and whiskers. Super kawaii, right? Honestly, this girl and her creativity are above and beyond!

My last Easter bunny to share today is our furbaby Latte, bringing Happy Easter wishes to all. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful time celebrating today!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The shadow box gift containers are adorable and gave me great motivation for next year. Thank you for sharing your craftiness.