Saturday, April 26, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?

"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!"
(That's what the fox says...) 
LOL...I've had this silly song by Ylvis stuck in my mind for awhile now, and thought it would make a fun birthday card for my niece.
Seems like card crafters everywhere have been having fun putting together their own versions of this "Card in a Box"... and of course I was anxious to give it a try as well! There are a lot of tutorials out on the web for this style of card, and they're all basically the same. For my card, I followed the one by Carol at Extreme Cards and Papercrafting mostly because I thought her method of adding the struts to the inside of the box was the easiest to do.

As always, the funnest part about this card is embellishing and making it your own. The cutting file I used for these cute foxes comes from Designs On Cloud 9's "Foxy" file.

This adorable elephant is from the "Safari Animals" cutting file from Kadoodle Bug Designs and tiny butterfly was cut using the "Bunny and Butterflies" die from Cottage Cutz.
Pink birdie and trees are from Cricut Create A Critter cartridge. Word balloons and labels were created in MTC.

Here's a view from the top...
...and a view of the back of the card where I added the sentiment. Underneath the sentiment I added a little pocket where I could slip in some birthday $$$ or a gift card.

And finally, the flattened view. Just for fun, I also added word balloons of "what the fox says" to the front and side flaps to give a "hint" to what was on the inside. Had so much fun putting this "card in a box" together; and the best part is that the base card is so easy to do that you can spend a lot of time on being creative about what to put inside your box. Can't wait to try another one of these soon!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I'm always so amazed with all the fancy projects you make with so much details. I find myself spending a lot of time just admiring all the work you put into them. Thanks for sharing the link. Maybe one day when I'm brave enough to get out of my comfort zone, I'll try something fancy too. :-)

Leanne said...

Aww Eunice!! This is sooo cute!! I love how bright and fun and adorable everything is!! Your niece is going to love it! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I've done one before, and yes, found that the inserts were a bit tough to navigate. MFI!!
^.^

Jenny said...

Sooo cute! You put so much thought and detail into your projects! Love that you used the thought bubbles!