Sunday, August 18, 2013

Another Variation on the Sliding Pop Up Box Card

Okay, hope you'll "bear" with me, because I have yet another version of Colette's Sliding Pop Up Box card  to share. The original inspiration for this card actually comes from a "Push n Pull Card" I spied several months ago over at a very cool UK based digital cardmaking site, Crafty Card Making. If you're ever in need of some quick inspiration, this is the place to visit...they have the neatest pop up, sliceform, easel and display cards for sale there, sure to rev up your mojo by at least a couple notches! I was so intrigued by their "Push n Pull cards", and quite determined to try and figure out how they were put together. But it wasn't until recently when I learned how to put together the Sliding Pop Up Box card, that I came to realize this could actually be made into something very similar to the Push n Pull cards I liked so much.
I used the same box base as Colette's Sliding Pop Up Box card but brought the sides of the box up higher, added tabs and had the Silhouette cut a window in the front corner. Pushing in on the tabs pops the box into shape and pulling on them flattens it. Kinda neat, huh.
The little teddy on the inside and the posies on the tabs were pieced together using a cutfile I created awhile ago using digital images from an old Darcie Hunter clipart CD and MTC.
And here's the card flattened, ready to slip into the envelope for giving. Still have one more of these cards to share next week...

8 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh WOW, this is super-duper cute! You brought the whole thing together so well with the DP's, die, sweet sentiments, and image. Your Aunty Pat will treasure it for sure. Have a nice and crafty Sunday!

CarlavdM said...

What a great loooking variation you made ..AGAIN.
I like this one very very much Eunice.
Love to see all the lovely things you come up time after time .

Jan Castle said...

Darling card/box Eunice...will take a look at the site - TFS!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Creations by Patti said...

Another great card - LOVE Darcie's images. I had the opportunity to meet her and she is such a sweet lady (tall, too). Love the style of this card and love all your versions of it, too. P

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.
You sure do like that pop out box card!
Me, too. And I enjoy seeing every one you make.
TFS
PJ

Lynn said...













Whoa! That is an exceptionally lovely card! Love your color and design choices. I think I understand why you are hooked on this format. It's terrific!









Lynn said...

Whoops! What happened to my comment?
I said I love the colors and papers you chose for this adorable card. I can understand your fascination with this card form. It is a terrific format to decorate.

Lisa said...

Wish there was a turtial on this. Its so cute. Noy sure how to do this style, my mind dont work that way or how to have the tabs.