Since this was made for a dear friend who owns a beautiful calico kitty, I wanted to do a cat themed birthday card. I found a "Kawaii Cat Clipart Bundle" on Etsy with the cutest kitties which I thought would work perfectly for this card. The birthday balloons were die cut with Pretty Pink Posh "Party Balloon" die. I used "Happy Birthday Words" die from Hello Bluebird, and Taylored Expressions "Celebration Confetti" die for stars and confetti.
After doing a print and cut of several of the cats from the bundle, I created and cut a shadow layer for each from black cardstock.The cut cat images were then adhered to their shadows and attached to a Triple Wiper style card mechanism. See it in action here:
As the tab on the bottom right side of the card is pulled, wiper mechanisms allow each of the three cats to appear behind one another. In the past I remember using double wiper mechanisms to make cards that had images pop up opposite each other, but having the wiper mechanisms layered behind each other on tiered panels was a new and novel concept for me.





Super cute ! I haven’t seen that style of card and hope to try it out. Thanks for sharing your clever card making skills.
ReplyDeleteThe previous comment was from Lynn who is currently not on her computer. 🥰
ReplyDelete