I had so much fun making the tote bags and bag charms in my previous post that I decided to make more. These were made for my friends who are fans of the KPop band BTS.
I used a cute group image of BT21 (cartoon characters created by BTS members of themselves) to decorate the front of my tote and added a matching bag charm to the handle.
As you can see from this side view photo, the bags were simply constructed by gluing the front and back panels to a rectangular shaped box.
The bag charms were made by enlarging the BT21 images I wanted to use and printing them onto shrink plastic. After cutting the images out and shrinking them in a toaster oven, they were coated with UV resin to give them a glossy finish. I attached them with together with mini bells and seed beads onto split rings then onto binder rings so they could be fastened onto the tote strap.
I was having so much fun playing with shrink plastic and UV resin that I guess I got a little carried away and ended up making a few more charms than expected. Happily, I found a couple packages of charm straps in my stash to use for my extra charms. I'm sure my friends will have no problem sharing these with their fellow BTS fan friends.
These are so AMAZING! I especially like the charms.
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I didn’t know you could print on shrink plastic! I’ve got to try it! The charms are charming. Glad that you coated the top with UV resin. It gives the surface such a professional look and it’s so easy and fast to do. It’s a little pricey but totally worth it. Thanks for sharing your brilliant crafting.
ReplyDelete