Sunday, June 24, 2018

Golfer's Grad Card

Graduation season is upon us once again and this year I had three graduation cards to put together. This first one was by special request from hubby for a young man in his golf club who graduated from high school this year.

I know I fall back on this same Recessed Window style card front for graduations often but I like it a lot because it's quick to personalize. Since I already have the base card on file, I only needed to change the year of graduation and the graduate's name in Make the Cut design program. (Graduate's full name blocked out in photo). A sheet of clear acetate was placed behind the graduate silhouette and the graduate's high school logo was inserted inside the recessed window. Tutorial for this Recessed Window Card by Lynn Mercurio can be found on Splitcoast Stampers here.

On the inside, I added a Four Step Pop Up Card insert.  

I like using this pop up insert for graduation cards because the four steps are perfect for adding the graduate's class year. For this Four Step Pop Up Card insert, I used the tutorial and template created and shared by Norma on her blog, From My Craftroom.

Since hubby had requested a golf themed grad card, I added a  little golf course scene to the side panel of the pop up stairs. Golf cart cutting file comes from Cricut Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge and the the golf bag and clubs were created from a coloring book image rendered into a cutting file in Make the Cut design program. Background tree border was also created in Make the Cut from an image found on the internet. Oh, and of course I couldn't resist adding the "punny" golf sentiment... "Time to Par-Tee!"

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Outstanding Grad Card! You certainly worked hard to make the graduate feel special. I'm certain that he was impressed....I am! Love that par-tee pun! You are clever in so many ways.