Sunday, June 3, 2018

Evie's First Birthday

In keeping with her birthday theme of "Love you to the moon and back", this is the card I made to celebrate our granddaughter's first birthday. I wanted to include a moon and rocket ship and decided a Bridge Fold card might be the easiest way to depict what I had in mind.

For the rocket ship, I actually used the very same image I had originally created to make the photo booth in my previous post. Only this time, instead of enlarging it, I shrunk the image to about 1-1/2 inches in length and cut it from pretty DCWV glitter cardstock. I used Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud  die and Core'dinations white glitter cardstock for the layers of stitched cloud borders, and tied fishing line to the struts inside the card to suspend the glittery and pearly little stars in the sky.


Cloud labels with our sentiments were print and cut on the Silhouette and backed with metallic gold foil board. The bottom cloud is the same one we used for headers on the birthday cooky favors in my last post.

Here's the view from the top which shows the struts on the top and bottom inside the card onto which the fishing line was attached.

Birthday sentiments were added to the back of the card. Although she's probably still much too young to ever remember her first birthday celebration, hopefully photos together with this card will help her parents tell her all about it when she's older.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

What a gorgeous card! It reminds me of the shoebox dioramas we made in school only it's a thousand times better. I wish I had seen it before doing my last card because I was really stuck and was looking for a 3-D effect. Oh well, I'll try to use your inspiration on another card....so many occasions to craft. You truly have a keen artistic sense and have skill plus patience to create your masterpieces. Mahalo for sharing your talent with blogland!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card for your granddaughter's 1st birthday.

Jessie Adams

benilhalk said...

Wow, it was quite an amazing post. I truly liked reading through this. We have also started the preparations for our son’s birthday and it is quite crucial time as it is a custom themed party and we are not getting help from any planner. Having hard time finding the affordable event space Atlanta. Can anyone help regarding it?