Saturday, April 21, 2018

Retro Rose Heart Card

I had been so preoccupied with everything Easter for the past month that I nearly let a very important wedding date slip my mind. I wanted to put together a special one of a kind wedding card for the newlyweds, but was short on time and ideas. All I can say is, "Thank goodness for Birds Cards!"

I think I've been following Birds Cards blog and collecting her beautiful svg cutting files for just about as long as I've been crafting with electronic cutters! I especially love her very intricate designs, many of which she has generously shared over the years on her blog. For this wedding card, I chose to use her Retro Rose Heart Card cutting file, which Bird originally designed to be a Valentines Day Card.

I cut everything in the wedding theme colors lavender and cream, and replaced the "Be Mine" tag that came with the cutting file with another, personalizing with the newlywed's names and wedding date. Fancy corners were die cut using Cuttlebug's Vintage corners die, and I added flatback adhesive pearls as a final touch. Happily, thanks to Birds Cards I was able to quickly create a one of a kind keepsake card without too much stress!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That is a very attractive wedding card. I admire the layout and the use of the die-cut heart. Personalizing the front is a good idea and lavender is a color I've never used for a wedding card....refreshing and romantic!