Sunday, April 1, 2018

Nodding Easter Bunnies and A Pop Up Easter Basket Card

 Happy Easter! Had so much fun this year making Easter goodies for sharing. These floppy eared bunny boxes held the pizzelle cookies I made for friends and family.


 For the base box or bunny body, I started with the Bunny Feet Box cutting file from My Scrap Chick. Aren't those bunny feet with the carrot foot pads just too, too cute? The adorable floppy eared bunny head and front paws are the Lucky Bunny cutting file from Cuddly Cute Designs.

 Here's a view from the top to show how I attached the bunny's head to the box with a  2 x 6" strip of cardstock scored at 1-3/4" and 2-1/4". Bunny head was glued onto the 1-3/4" tab and the longer end of the strip was glued inside the box. My initial intent in doing this was to create a 3-D effect  without having to use a whole lot of foam tape, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that this also allowed bunny's head to bobble or nod...so CUTE!

I made a litter of a dozen of these fun bunny boxes filled with pizzelles and  dressed them up in cellophane and lavender bows all ready for Easter.

...And of course this being our granddaughters' first Easter, I had to send her a special card, right?
Although I keep telling myself that I should keep my cards to our granddaughter as simple as possible, I just couldn't resist making this pop up basket card for her first Easter card. I first saw this super neat pop up card, called the Hexagonal Base Pop Up Card created by Bronwyn Eastley on her blog addINKtive Designs. Bronwyn's card is created using Stampin' Up's Window Box Thinlits die, and is absolutely stunning! She also posted a link to a video tutorial by Mitosu Crafts  which shows how to convert the hexagonal box into a pop up card. While watching the video, I thought it might be fun to convert the hexagonal box into a little Easter basket by adding a handle.

Of course I had to add a bunny to my basket, and this paper pieced bunny is Lucky Bunny from Cuddly Cute Designs. I also added some grass and an Easter Egg from the Easter Bunnies cutting file from My Scrap Chick. Banners were done as a Print and Cut in Make the Cut design program.


Here are a couple views from the top which show how the bunny, grass, and basket handle were attached to struts inside the box.

I added our sentiments underneath...

...and here's the card folded flat, ready to be slipped into an envelope!
Totally enjoyed putting this fun new pop up card together, and am so impressed with Mitosu Crafts for coming up with this. Really looking forward to playing with this new card style and trying different versions of this!





1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG Eunice, these are the cutest bunny favors ever. Love the floppy ears and carrot foot pads. Cuteness to the max!!!!