Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Kiss Kiss, I Love You!

What can I say...after posting my Valentine projects yesterday, I was feeling so guilty for not having made a Valentine for my real Valentine. So I got my act together and came up with this card for my dear hubby just in time!

Knew I didn't have much time and wanted to keep things simple so I naturally reached for my favorite Mama Elephant Pandamonium stamp set.  I cut a scalloped heart shape to place my pandas on and ran the heart thru the Paper Studio's "Love Love Love" embossing folder.  The Happy Valentines Day sentiment was cut using a Mama Elephant die. My first thought was to do some sort of shaker card so I cut a scalloped heart shape from the front of the card, adding a layer a acetate for a window.

Then I thought, "hey! I should try one of those COOL pop up cards my crafting buddy Kris made for my birthday!" Did some web searching, and learned that Kris' card is a Katherine Label Pop Up card, designed by Karen Burniston. After taking a close look at the pop up mechanism and watching Karen's video tutorial,  I figured it would probably work with any shape, including this heart shape.

The neatest thing about this pop up is that the image that shows through on the front of the card rises above the window and pops up as you open the card. I'm pretty certain hubby will get a kick out of this one!

Before I go, I also want to share this beautiful and elegant Valentine created by my sweet sister in law. She used Cuttlebug's "Birds and Swirls" embossing folder to add texture to the front panel and the very intricate die cut heart was cut using Stampin Up's" Bloomin' Heart" Thinlits die. Love the dotted swiss texture she added to the heart die cut as well. I'm just a little jealous because this Valentine was actually given from my sil's doggie to our doggie! LOL, I'm sure my doggie won't mind if I put it away for safe keeping!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Both cards are really unique to me. I like the pop-up feature of the card for your hubby...bet he loved it! I can't believe your dog got a Valentine card! It is so pretty...love the embossing with the intricate die-cut. Thank you for showing them to blogland.