Friday, February 2, 2018

Birthday Blessings

I always get so excited when I receive handmade cards...especially when it's my birthday! I actually celebrated my birthday late last year but haven't had the chance to post some of the beautifully created cards I received till now.


I was especially thrilled to receive this very pretty card from my sweet SIL. At first I thought she had bought it...I even checked the back of the card for the Hallmark trademark! She is so talented, yet she doesn't make cards often so this one is a real treasure! She used the cupcake file from Cricut's Doodle Charms cartridge and cut her cupcakes from glitter and metallic gold cardstock, using foam adhesive to put it together...love it!

This second card is yet another wowza pop up card from my crafting buddy, Kris. 


Hard to tell from the photos, but on the front of the card is a shaped acetate window framed  in silver metallic cardstock. When you open the card, the sentiment that shows through the window lifts and pops up! SO COOL!!!  Not sure what this type of pop up card is called, but it uses a v-fold mechanism which I hope Kris will teach me soon!
Making cards and papercrafts is always fun, but really, not as much fun as receiving them. Thank you ladies, for making me feel so special!

No comments: