Friday, February 9, 2018

40th Birthday Celebration

I put together another fun Instacube card, this one for hubby's cousin who recently celebrated his 40th birthday with a fabulous dinner party. I've always wanted to try one of those black and white glitzy cards and this was the perfect chance!

Had a great time embellishing the sides of this cube with all the papers I love...glitter, foil, and pearlized!

The cutting file for the champagne and glasses comes from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons, and balloons are from Cricut Celebrations cartridge.  Happy Birthday is die cut from a Elizabeth Crafts die. Candles are teardrop and rectangles shapes. I used the fill function in Make the Cut to add the stripes and dots to the rectangles, then print and cut. Fancy label shape is a Pinterest find which I converted into a cutting file.

I cut different sized stars from metallic and pearlized silver papers to embellish the top of the cube and sleeve to hold the card. All cut on the Silhouette except the tiniest ones which were cut using Mama Elephant Lots of Stars die.

Folded flat, the card slides easily into its sleeve. Cutting file for this Instacube card comes from the Lori Whitlock Shop. Definitely my most favorite go-to card when I'm stumped for ideas on what to make!

No comments: