Friday, January 19, 2018

More Year of the Dog New Years Cards

I don't usually make New Years cards, but I really liked the little paper pieced dog I used earlier on the tags I made for my New Years treat box so I decided to use him again on New Years cards that doubled as my holiday thank you cards this year.

Kept the design very simple so I could make several very quickly. Arial font was used to create the numbers for the year, using the fill and print and cut functions in Make the Cut to add an Asian wave design from digital paper and cut. I replaced the zero in 2018 with a window for my doggie to peek out of.

On the inside, I used Make the Cut to design the background (sky, grass, plum branch), add the sentiment, and simply printed it out on my printer instead of cutting. All I had to do was glue my little puppy in the right place so his head would peek out from the front window. Yay, that was easy!

This second card was inspired by an adorable Year of the Rooster Daruma treat box my friend Lorna shared with me last year. I didn't realize how popular darumas were until I saw so many Year of the Dog Daruma images on the internet this year.


I used my paper pieced Shiba Inu Daruma to create a simple shaped card which doubled as a gift card holder for a very special aunt. Having too much fun creating Year of the Dog themed things... can you tell I'm a dog lover? Speaking of which...

Here's our little Latte in her kimono, holding her "hamaya" (arrow that wards off evil) and wishing everyone happiness and the best of health in the New Year of the Dog!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Latte is just the best dog ever! How do you get her to pose so obediently and wear costumes??? I love the Year of the Dog card, especially up close. The zero hole is just right to let the dog peek through and still be in the sweet scene. You are really the master of papercraftmanship. Thank you for sharing your skill and talent.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This is the cutest thank-you card ever. You were so precise in placing the kawai'i pup in the puka for the zero. Love the scene you created on the inside too. So clever! Definitely a keepsake thank-you card. The Year of the Dog daruma is so so cute too. You take such amazing photos with the perfect props too. The kadomatsu is BEAUTIFUL. And Latte is the most photogenic dog I've EVER seen. OMG, what a precious photo. Latte could be a calendar dog.
Have a great week Eunice.

Shirley N said...

Double ditto what Lynn and Karen said!

Eunice, your computer and software skills are amazing, you create the most beautiful and adorable creations and I so LOVE them all! I hope you continue to share your talent on your wonderful blog throughout 2018, you are such an inspiration!

Happy New Year to you and yours!