Saturday, November 4, 2017

Ker.r.r.r...PLUNK!

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly think of another golf card to make for hubby, I came across a very cute and clever Golf Slider Card created by Clover S on the Docrafts blog. Liked Clover's card so much I basically did a direct CASE. Shameful, I know, but why change a great thing, right?

Freebie svg image for the golf club was found on the Pixabay website, and the golf ball is a circle cut and embossed using the "Tiny Bubbles" embossing folder from Cuttlebug.

Tilt the card just a bit and...

KerrrrPLUNK!

Kinda fun, huh. This is actually only the second Penny Slider type card I've ever made...don't know why. Maybe because my brain can't think of anything else spinning except a ball? I think what really appealed to me about Clover's card was that she didn't use a straight line tract. I saw that there are a few metal dies for sale shaped like this, specifically made for making penny spinner cards... but you know cheapskate me! Lol, yup, I created a cut file for it in Make the Cut instead.

At first I felt this birthday card for hubby's birthday looked too plain. But to my unexpected surprise, he really liked it! Caught him playing with his card like a kid with a new toy several times...perhaps dreaming that it could be that easy on the real golf course?

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

What a neat card, your DH must have gotten a kick out of this one! My husband's a golfer too, thanks for the inspiration!