Saturday, October 21, 2017

Coffee Shop Splurge!

I have another fun Triple Slider Card to share this week. This one was made for my sweet friend Heather who also had a birthday last month. Wanted to do a coffee themed card to go with the Starbucks gift card I had planned on giving her.

My paper pieced "walking" bear is from Marjorie Ann Designs "Lemonade Bear" svg cutting file and his yummy frappuccino is a cutting file from Kadoodle Bug Designs "Oh Frap Bear". Coffee Shop backdrop is a free clip art found on Pinterest.


Here's the best part of the card: pull on the ribbon on the right side of the card and see teddy bear walk past the coffee shop with his frappuccio. At the same time, a panel with the sentiment pulls out to the right, and another panel with the gift card appears on the left! The concept and design for this super fun Triple Slider Card style was designed by Anita Chang of Island's Creative Escape in Los Gatos, CA. This might just be my new most favorite interactive card to make!

Here's a top view of my card which shows the slight change I made on the design of the original card. I changed the original sleeve which houses the sliding mechanism of this card to an open ended box and adhered it to a cardstock backing about 1/4 - 1/2 inch larger all around, to make it just a little easier  for the recipient to slide "open" the card.
Having so much fun playing with this card style... lookout, I'm on a roll! LOL!

1 comment:

Tina H said...

I love it when you are on a roll! This is fantastic! I can't wait to see more :) Have a great day Eunice! <3