Saturday, September 30, 2017

Swirly Background Wedding Card

Here's a wedding card I made recently for a good family friend who tied the knot this past summer. Couldn't guess the color scheme of the wedding from their beautiful photo wedding invitation so I decided to play it safe with white on white. Definitely went out of my comfort zone of my usual "cutesy cards" with this! Thank goodness for Bird's Cards and all the wonderfully beautiful cutting files she creates and shares!

For this card I used her freebie Swirly Background svg cutting file found on her site, Bird's Cards. To make the window, I created a heart shaped window with the newlyweds' names welded to the inside using Make the Cut design program and Amazone font. The personalized window was then joined to the center of the Swirly Background, again in Make the Cut. A sheet of clear acetate was placed behind it, and backed with pretty glitter cardstock from Core'dinations. The layered banner is from the Cricut Wedding Solutions cartridge, using the print and cut function to add the wedding date. For the final touch I added a silver foil backing and the tulle bow.

 I used Bird's Swirly Background svg once again to make a pocket to hold our gift on the inside of the card. The fancy bordered label with our sentiment is a freebie svg, from a newly discovered site, The Craft Chop. Lots of fun and very useful cutting files there, very generously shared...go check it out!
Very, very grateful to Bird's Cards and The Craft Chop for sharing their beautiful work. Without them, I would never have been able to put this card together!

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

Beautiful and so elegant! Love the white on white with the glitter backing, your wedding card is absolutely stunning!