Saturday, September 16, 2017

Baby Girl Onsie Box

Needed a gift card holder to go with the pop up crib card in my previous post but couldn't find one I liked until I came across this absolutely adorable Onsie Box from My Scrap Chick.

I used pink vellum to do the top layer of the skirt, pink brads for the snaps on the bottom and finally got a chance to use this cute Hello Kitty flatback embellishment that I bought many moons ago just because I thought it was so cute.

Here's the box open, with the gift card inside. The actual box is about one inch in depth, and I think it would be perfect for holding candies and treats for favors at a baby shower or reveal party. I used a freebie cutting file from My Scrap Chick for the gift card holder with the tabs.

I didn't like the way it looked with the gift card just sitting at the bottom inside the box so I decided to give it "a lift" by using a strip of cardstock which I had folded into a rectangular shape and adhering that to the inside of the box. This onsie box from My Scrap Chick was fun and pretty easy to put together. You have the option changing the style of the dress and there's even an adorable one for a baby boy with a little vest. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try that one too!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Super cute and clever....you always share such inspiring paper crafts. I love all the details and how you changed up the card holder.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What an adorable card Eunice. Sweetness to the max. Your cards are all masterpieces to treasure forever.

Shirley N said...

This is soooo sweet! The papers you chose, your adorable Hello Kitty embellishment and your vellum layers were the perfect choices and made this even more adorable. Your work is always amazing, TFS your creations with us.