Saturday, July 29, 2017

Softball Grad

This is the last of the 3 graduation cards I made for the ball playing graduates in our family this year. Did another "before and after" trifold card using the same girl portrait paper piecing similar to the first one I posted earlier.


As with the first card I made, I searched the web to get an idea of what this graduate's high school softball uniform looked like and tried my best to recreate it. And since she graduated in formal Hawaiian attire instead of the traditional cap and gown, I dressed my paper pieced girl accordingly. I added a ruffled neckline similar to the muumuu she wore and used Cuttlebug Jamara embossing folder to add some texture to her dress.

Her haku head garland was made with mulberry flowers from All Natural Accents and sprigs of green using the Martha Stewart branch punch. I used Stampin' Up's Little Leaves Sizzix die for her maile lei, layering the leaf branches around her neck to form a lei.

Kept my trifold card closed for mailing with a bellyband with her high school coat of arms seal. Hoping the graduates all enjoyed their personalized cards!

No comments: