Sunday, June 18, 2017

Golfer's Shadow Box for Fathers Day

Today is Fathers Day and this is the card hubby got from me before he headed out to the golf course with his buddies early this morning.

Yup, yet another golf themed card and yet another shadow box card. Happily, I had most of the cutting files needed to put this card together already saved on my computer from previous cards I've made. But even so, I struggled with the sizing, placement and welding of each of the images onto the different layers of this shadow box.

Golfer and golf cart images were rendered into cutting files from images found on the internet and the trees are from Cricut Zooballoo cartridge.


To get the right amount of dimension I wanted, I used three layers inside the box. The layers each have a window that gets smaller as they get closer to the back of the box; and I tried to place the layers about a fourth of an inch apart.

      
Fathers Day sentiment was added to the back of the box. This card actually folds flat to fit in an envelope, but I decided to make a box for this instead since some of the cuts on this were pretty thin and I didn't want to risk the chance of any of the cuts and layers getting tangled.
Enjoy celebrating with all your dads, hubbies and grandpas today. Don't forget to let them know how special they are!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Eunice! You made yet another super cool card for your hubby. All the layers sure gives it a lot of dimension. I see in your message that you and both grandparents now. Congrats to your all. How exciting.

Lynn said...

Gosh, I really admire the intricate work you put into your cards. This one is especially attractive and yet not girly. Your husband must have been amazed and happy to receive such a well-thought-out creation. As for your question about the planner....well, I do spend a good amount of time finding just the right sticker or decoration but this adds to the fun of actually planning out my week and finishing most of what I set out to do. I do think I am accomplishing more by setting goals in my planner......I might actually clean up my craft room this year! LOL!