Sunday, March 26, 2017

Fairytale Wedding

Here's my second take on a Cinderella themed wedding card. This one was made for the son of my coworker who got married in December. My first Cinderella wedding card was a shaker card, but this time, I was inspired by a beautiful shadowbox card by Thyme Graphics found here.

The basic concept of this is the same as with the ever popular pop up box cards. with the struts inside the box to hold the design elements. Adding a framed window makes this into a shadowbox.

Most of the cutting files I used were the same as I used for my first card. Cinderella with Prince Charming silhouette image comes from Cricut's Happily Ever After cartridge and the castle is a coloring book image found on the web which was converted into a cutting file via Make the Cut program. This time I also added a pumpkin carriage which was created by welding an image of a pumpkin together with an image of carriage wheels.

Added the names of the bride and groom to the front of the card and backed it with some pretty glittery paper. Pharmacy true type font was used to create the cutting file for this.

View from the top shows a peek at the struts which were adhered to the card below the window with the castle and carriage glued on to them.

I added a card to the back of the box with a side tab to keep the card closed. The background layer was run through Cuttlebug's Jamara embossing folder to add some pretty texture.

Then on the inside I added my sentiment and a side pocket to hold an envelope of gift cash. In the end I was slightly disappointed that I had not taken the time to dress up the back panel in the shadow box a bit. Maybe something as simple as running it through an embossing folder might have made it look much nicer. don't you think? Hopefully I can remember to try that for next time!

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

STUNNING!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan