Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sweet As Hunny

It seems that reminiscing about our trip to Disneyland last year has put me in the Disney mood... just noticed that many of the cards I've made recently feature Disney characters... including this one I sent to my daughter for her birthday. Pooh Bear was always a big favorite at our home while she was growing up so I thought I would use him on her card to rekindle some of the warm and fuzzy feelings we all shared.

I found a coloring book image of Pooh Bear I liked and created him into a cut file using Make the Cut for the front of my card. All the pieces were cut on my Silhouette, then colored with Copic pens. Paper pieced butterfly and tufts of grass are from Cricut Pooh and Friends cartridge.

Decided to do one of my new favorite fun cards...the Pop Up {Accordion} Panel style card. I always get such a kick out of watching this card open!

There are quite a few tutorials for this type of card on the web recently. Just do a search for "Pop Up Panel Card" and choose the one that suits you the best. I used a video tutorial on You Tube by Kevin Devine found here.
For my card, I changed the accordion panels to heart shaped ones by welding heart shapes together in Make the Cut. Make the Cut was also used, together with Comic Sans font to create the lettering for the sentiment on the panels. Cute bumble bees and hunny jar are from Cricut Pooh and Friends cartridge.
Paper pieced Pooh and Piglet on the inside of the card are also from Cricut Pooh and Friends cartridge.
Had such fun putting this card together, all the time recalling many fond memories of my daughter's childhood growing up with Pooh and his friends. Hoping this card will strike the same note in my daughter's heart too!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Pooh Bear is probably my favorite of the Disney characters. He's just so lovable. Your card is guaranteed to make your daughter remember all the sweet times she had with you. I truly think you should have been a greeting card designer....are you?