Sunday, October 23, 2016

Love You To The Moon

Hubby and I celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary earlier this month and this is the card I made to let him know how much I  still love him!

For the focal point of this card, I used a coloring book image of our favorite Disney couple that I had been saving for years with the hope of one day using for an anniversary card. Finally was able to start early enough this year to spend the time to work on it, using Make the Cut to render the image into a cutting file. I already knew I wanted to use this to make a Surprise Pop Up Slider card similar to the one I made earlier this year for my daughter and son in law's anniversary posted here.

Pulling up on the tab at the top of the card pulls the frame and the panel below it up...

...and reveals the sentiment underneath.

You can find the video tutorial for this fun interactive card by Beate Johns over at Splitcoast Stampers. Once you understand the basic construction of this card, you can easily alter the size to fit your own preference.

Since I wanted to get the "floating effect", I replaced the pop up panel on this card with a simple open frame and hung Mickey and Minnie from it using fishing line.

One of the main reasons I chose to do this card style is because I had also saved a backside view of this coloring book image which I also rendered into a cutfile. Unfortunately as it turned out, the front and back sides didn't match up as I had hoped, so I ended up having to fudge it and hand cut much of the backside to fit. LOL, it's a good thing this card was for my non-crafty hubby who probably never noticed!

One last thing I did just for fun was to twist Mickey and Minnie around a few times before putting the card in it's envelope. I thought it was sorta cool to see Mickey and Minnie spin around in the frame as hubby pulled the tab to open his card.

3 comments:

LostnThought said...

That is so cute! Happy anniversary!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Simply amazing!!!

Lynn said...

Your anniversary card is just fantastic,,,,I can't believe you made it....but then, you are a superb card artist so I shouldn't be surprised. I can only imagine the hours you put into this card....I will show it to my husband and say, "look what I almost made for you if I had a hundred years to spare!" He likes Mickey Mouse too, so he will appreciate seeing your handiwork and can be encouraged to pretend I made one just like it...wink-wink!