Sunday, September 18, 2016

Teddy Bear Gift Card Holder

I needed to make a quickie birthday gift card holder for a very special friend so I decided to use the same cutfile I created recently for the panda gift card holder here. But this time I switched out the panda head with a teddy bear head from Cuddly Cute Designs' Bear With Roses cutting file.

I also changed the heart that panda was holding to a take out coffee cup, from Marjorie Ann Design's Morning Coffee cutting file. The cup sleeve was created by using the print and cut function in the Make the Cut program.


The base card (teddy's body) was created by welding together oval and rectangle shapes in Make the Cut. I used a double layer of thin strips of foam tape to mount the cup onto the teddy allowing just enough space to tuck his hands underneath to keep the card closed.


Untucking teddy's arms from under the cup and the top of the card from under his chin opens the card with a place to add a sentiment and a pocket for the gift card. Here I used Elizabeth Craft Design's Birthday die and added a tag cut using a Sizzix framlits set by Stephanie Barnard.

  

Love that this comes together so quick and easy. Looking forward to playing around with this a few more times by switching out the heads again...hmmm...maybe next time I'll try Hello Kitty!

No comments: