Sunday, June 5, 2016

Hello Kitty and Friends

Finally got around to attempting another Cascade Card. Although I really like the look of Cascade Cards, I haven't made many because I always have such a difficult time figuring out how to decorate it. The idea for this card came about when I came across an image of Hello Kitty surfing that I thought might make a cute ocean themed birthday card for my crafting buddy Kris.

Like many of us, Kris is also a fan of the adorable Sanrio characters so after creating a cutting file for surfing Hello Kitty I started searching for more beach themed characters to add to her card.

Found a coloring book image of Kris' favorite Pochacco riding a dolphin and used Make the Cut to render him into a cut file. After piecing him together, I attached him to an arc cut from clear acetate and glued the ends of the arc onto two of the panels of the card to make it look like the dolphins were jumping from the waters.

I used coloring book images of Kerokero Keroppi  and My Melody to create cut files and used basic shapes in Make the Cut to create their inner tubes.


For the base card, I used a cutting file called "Stretch Card" from Little Scraps of Heaven found herechanging it up a bit by adding a scallop border to the top edge of the card.  Paper pieced little fishies are from Cricut Life's A Beach cartridge.

On the back of the card I used a freebie label cutting file created and generously shared by Heather M on her blog to add the birthday sentiment. Turtle is from Cricut Life's A Beach cartridge. The Cascade Card is always a fun card to put together. Nothing as fabulous as the amazing interactive cards Kris always comes up with, but I'm hoping she enjoyed this anyway.

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You come up with the most cutest ideas and perfect matching sentiments. Your buddy Kris will be head-over-heels.

Lynn said...

Oh my, what a cleverly made folding card! The Sanrio images look perfect on the waves. I love seeing your original projects. Thanks for allowing blogland to see your artistic talent.