Sunday, May 1, 2016

Boys Day Gift Card Holder

Thursday is "Kodomo No Hi" or Childrens Day in Japan; also still known as "Tango No Sekku" or Boys Day. No boys in our family except my son in law; and though he might be all grown up, I still enjoy sending him fun stuff on Boys Day just to let him know how much we love him!

While in Japan recently, we were delighted to find Peanuts boutique shops filled with the cutest Japanese gifts and trinkets featuring my favorite beagle. I guess little Snoopy continues to capture the hearts of all, worldwide. So when I came across an adorable image of Snoopy riding a koi nobori windsock on Pinterest, I thought it would be perfect to use on a gift card holder. I used Make the Cut (MTC) to trace the image and render it into a cutting file, and had my Silhouette cut the pieces from white and black cardstock. Colored the pieces with Copics before piecing it all together. Embroidery floss was then threaded through the finished piece for the reins.

Put paper pieced Snoopy onto an oval backing and adhered it to a double hinged box with an pop up insert to hold the gift card in place. Nothing fancy, but I'm hoping my son in law liked it.


A video tutorial by Crafty Caroline for a hinged box can be found here, and the cutting file for the pop gift card holder insert is from the Holiday Cheer Collection at SVG Attic.

And just for fun, here's our furbaby Latte, dressed for the occasion donning her origami samurai helmet and koi nobori pinwheel wishing you all a "Happy Boys Day!!!!"

No comments: