Sunday, May 22, 2016

Boys Day and Mothers Day Surprises

I'm a few weeks late in sharing these wonderful treat boxes from my sweet friend Lorna that were waiting for me when I returned to work after vacation. Finding these two kawaii surprises in my locker instantly brightened my day and made having to return to work seem not so bad!

This adorable boy kokeshi treat box immediately stole my heart! Lorna paper pieced his kimono with washi paper, and oh my, don't you just love his spiky hair?!!! She attached a small box in between the front and back pieces of the doll to hold the yummy Boys Day treats...sweet!

For this super kawaii Mothers Day box, Lorna wrapped a piece of cardstock around the candy for the kimono and added a strip of washi paper for the obi sash. Mama kokeshi's head was print and cut, then attached to the top of the kimono. Oh! And there's even a little baby kokeshi riding on Mama kokeshi's back...too CUTE!
A big thank you to Lorna for always making and sharing the BEST and most creative treat holders ever!

No comments: