Tuesday, April 5, 2016

More Easter Goodies

In addition to the egg house boxes I posted earlier, I made a few of these last minute treat holders. Since I still had a lot of cookies left over after filling the egg house boxes I decided to put together some really simple bags so I could give them away in a festive way. I just made boxes to fit the cookies, then glued two pieces of cardstock to the bottom of the box. Brought the ends of the cardstock up, and secured them together at the top with a bow. So easy!

Kept the decorating simple too. This is Kathy Bunny, a friend of Hello Kitty; she was cut using a Sizzix die from the retired Hello Kitty Collection. Flowers and leaves are from punches and oval panels were cut using the Silhouette.

And these are the "gluten-free" pizzelle cookies I made that went inside. This actually started out as an experiment to make cookies to send my daughter who recently went on a gluten free diet. I used a combination of sweet rice flour (mochiko) and potato starch (katakuriko) in place of the flour in the original recipe. The surprising happy result was a much lighter cookie. Buttery and crisp like the original, but much more fragile. Yummy! LOL, never would've expected "healthier" to taste this good!

Then at the very last minute, I decorated a few gift bags for treats to give to little Latte's doggie pals. See the "Peeps" in the photo? They almost look like the real thing, but are actually plastic squeeky toys for doggies. So cute!

Make the Cut program was used to make cutting files for Pochacco and the butterfly and cut on the Silhouette. Easter egg cutting file came from Miss Kate's Cuttables. Had so much fun putting together all these cutsie Easter stuff...guess I'll always be a kid at heart!

Last, but certainly not least...Easter surprises from my sweet friend, Lorna!

Lorna's creative genius delighted us all once again with super cute Easter goodies. This adorable long legged chick is a candy filled plastic egg with bamboo skewers as legs, adorned with a beak, eyes, wings, funny feet and even a cute "fluff" of pink on her head! 

How about Easter treats with an Asian flair?  No problem! Lorna put together these fun treat holders for friends in her Bon Dance Club. I just love how she added bunny ears to her kokeshi and a plastic egg...and how cute is that "hachimaki" (head band)! Simply amazing how Lorna always takes the concept of "creative" up a notch to another level! So fortunate I am to have such a special friend!



No comments: