Saturday, February 13, 2016

Splurge a Little...It's Your Birthday!

Happy Valentines Day! I didn't make anything for Valentines Day this year since we were away on vacation, but in the spirit of Valentines Day, this card does have a few hearts on it! This is the card I sent to my daughter for her birthday back in October, but haven't had the chance to post due to all the busyness and excitement of the holidays at that time. For her card, I went with an ice cream theme since she and I both have an insatiable love for ice cream...guess it must be in the genes. I found what I thought would be the perfect cutting file set for her card called "Cool Treats" over at Marjorie Ann Designs.

Doily and ice cream are from "Cool Treats" and "Lacey Doily" cutting files from My Scrap Chick; and "Splurge" was created in Make the Cut using Ballerina font.



Using the tutorial from Norma's "From My Craft Room" I made this into another Peek A Boo Slider Card. As the card is opened, a panel with a different image slides over the bear with the ice cream scoop...

...and here's the card fully open.

All the paper piecings on this card were cut from white cardstock and colored with Copics. Background panels were embossed using a Cuttlebug folder called Juli's Garden. Similar to the Peek A Boo Slider card I made earlier, I added a spine to this card to try to prevent the paper pieced images from getting snagged as it slides open. You can find the details here. Having much fun learning to make this type of slider card! Hope to do more soon!

No comments: