Tuesday, July 7, 2015

From Paper Crafting Pals...


Goodness! Have you noticed it's July already?!!! Gosh,why does it feel like I'm just standing here while the year goes whizzing by? And no surprise...I've fallen behind and have been shamefully late with everything...including the sharing of these special gifts I received from my very dear crafting pals.
This super kawaii post it note holder was a surprise RAK I received from my blogging pal, Karen of Have A Scrappy Day. Karen is the sweetest, most generous person, who spends much of her crafting time every year making hundreds and hundreds of cute gift items such as these to be sold at a craft fair with proceeds donated to the American Cancer Society. I loved her post it note holders with mini pens so much that she sent me one together with the template to make my own. I can hardly wait to try these!

This very special little album was a gift from my super creative crafting bestie, Kris. Among all her crafty talents, Kris is also amazingly skilled at the art of binding. This mini album is actually a calendar...

Each page in this album is a monthly calendar with pockets, bound together to create this fabulous album...perfect to use as an organizer, or better yet. a cool way to record memories and store memorabilia.


I just LOVE how she decorated each page with images of sweet Pochacco!

Each page opens up to a large monthly calendar with lots of space for jotting notes together with a large pocket on the back to store ticket stubs, photos and other memorabilia. 


This clever lantern treat holder was created by none other than my talented and creative friend, Lorna. Summertime means it's O-bon season in Hawaii, and Lorna designed these cute treat holders to share with friends in her O-bon dance club. If you look closely you'll see the candies wrapped in cellophane inside the lantern, held in place with ribbon.

Look how she took the time to beautifully and meticulously decorate the tops of each lantern with a flying crane cut out and glittered sakura!


Here's another take on a summer lantern from the amazing Patti of Creations By Patti. How cute is this PINK pineapple treat holder! (Obviously she knows my favorite color!)

 Here's a closeup of the matching Hawaiian themed gift tag, embossed with a hibiscus folder and decorated with stamped and die cut images of a hibiscus and palm frond from Jaded Blossom.

Wow, even the chocolate treats inside were individually decorated with stamped images!

And the best part yet...Patti included a little battery powered tea light...

What a delightful decorative accent this will be for our next barbeque!

Aren't crafty friends the BEST?  Hope their clever projects sparked your creative imagination as much as they always do for me!

3 comments:

Jadams said...

Lovely gifts.
Thanks for sharing them.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, hee-hee, thought that Post It note holder looked familiar. Glad you liked it. Thank you for the link to my blog too Eunice. My oh my, you sure received some SUPER CUTE RAKS from your crafty friends. Goodness gracious, that mini album by Kris is awesome. The lantern from Lorna makes the perfect gift for Obon. And Patti's pink pineapple is a gift so full of aloha. I like her idea of stamping sentiments and images on the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Have a Happy Aloha Friday and crafty weekend.

Tina H said...

These are so cute!! What awesome gifts to receive. I think it is a reflection of just how wonderful you are. I am very happy to have time to get caught up and visit with your blog and and the amazing inspiration you offer! Have a great day!!