Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More Year of the Sheep Treats

Slowly but surely I'm finally catching up with my late blog posts. Sharing the last of my Year of the Ram goodies today. This fancy little hanging lantern decoration was given to me by none other than my uber talented friend, Lorna to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Lorna created this beautiful hanging lantern by joining several Chinese red envelopes (li see, lai see, or hongbao) together at their corners...so COOL, eh? Awww...and isn't that tiny little ram bell charm hanging from it the CUTEST thing ever?
The lantern ornament hangs from a hook made from a heavy gauge jewelry wire which extends from a "stand", filled with a fortune cookie and other sweet treats. So clever! The adorable little rams on the front is also a red envelope which Lorna adhered to the stand. Another amazing and creative original from my sweet friend!
Here's yet another Year of the Sheep inspired gift I received...from none other than my dear mom! Even while laid up in bed after her knee surgery, she spent her time stitching away in between physical therapy sessions. LOL, there's no stopping a crafter!
Totally LOVE my new plastic canvas sheep tissue holder! Each of the colorful blossoms on this were individually stitched and sewn on separately for dimension, and she even stitched the year on the top!
And finally, these are the calendar magnets I put together at the very last minute when I realized I had run short of the easel calendars I made earlier. I purchased the calendars for these from Impress Rubber Stamps because their shipping costs were more reasonable than other places. The size of their small and medium calendars are different than the ones from Vippies, but no problem. I actually felt the quality of these were much better.
Using the "2015" cutfile I used previously for my easel calendars and the cute ram image (from daikonko) cutfile I used to decorate my New Years treat bottles, together with a lot of helpful advice from my friend Karen of Have A Scrap Happy Day blog, I was able to put a dozen of these together and in the mail pretty quickly...whew, glad that's all done!
Yay! I think I'm pretty much caught up on the posting of my holiday projects...at least for now!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMGosh, Lorna sure created a keepsake! What an amazing creation. She knocked this out of the park....so beautiful. I too love the little sheep charm. And I see where your talent comes from...your super crafty mom. What a fun way to keep busy while recovering. Your calendar is a work of art Eunice! So professionally made. And thank you so much for the link to my blog. I really didn't do much of anything. So sweet of you. Have a fun and crafty day.

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, every time I see one of your new blog posts, it takes me back to Japan and happy memories. I just love love love your calendars that you made! What is your animal sign? I'm an "ox" or more cutely said, a "cow" and my son is a snake, hubby is a tiger.