Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ramming in with the Year of the Sheep

Happy New Year! A big hearty welcome to the Year of the Sheep...or Year of the Ram...as hubby would correct me. All just a matter of semantics, but I guess men prefer to be called "Rams" instead of "Sheep". Hubby and I were both born in the Year of the Sheep, and that could be the reason why he was more concerned than usual when I was putting together some things to share with our family at our annual New Years luncheon.
I could tell that he wasn't particularly pleased when I made the 2015 Year of the Sheep easel calendar card earlier last year...(too cutesy and feminine?) Then while I was searching for an image to use to decorate treat jars for New Years, he made a comment about rams and horns.
Okay, okay...compromise....how about a ram with horns that's still a little bit cute?
Hubby was pleased.
Had MTC create a cutfile for the ram (by Daikonko) and Japanese kanji for "hitsuji" or "sheep" with shadow layers. Images were cut on the Silhouette Cameo, paper pieced and adhered with foam tape onto a circle shape which had been run through one of the embossing folders from Cuttlebug's Asian Bundle. Wrapped a strip of red/gold washi paper around the bottles and tied a bow on each.
Still had a couple unopened boxes of cereal left from Christmas so we used it to make up another batch of cereal snacks, this time using Asian flavors and adding macadamia nuts. Filled a dozen quart size bottles...I just love that these bottles are pretty much quick and easy to decorate.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday season!  Being that 2015 is "our year" hubby and I are looking forward to a GREAT YEAR for all our friends and family!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

HI Eunice! Awwww, your treat jars turned out super cute. Nice compromise with the sweet ram with horns. Happy Year of the Ram/Sheep to both of you. :-)

Jenny said...

Awww, this is so cute! Happy New Year!

Ev said...

You make the best treats 'n favors. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

Tina H said...

How cute! Er...I mean but in a masculine sort of way, right! I love them and hopefully hubby did too. They look like yummy treats to be enjoyed by all the recipients. Great job :)

Katydid Cards said...

I just love this. So much that I made my own version of it on my blog. I did say you were my inspiration...you so often are.

I tried to e-mail you to thank you for the inspiration but I can't seem to connect through any of the e-mail options provided and can't seem to get your e-mail addy without connecting to one of them...so thank you for always inspiring me to try new things.

I also wanted to take you up on your offer to share a cut file or two...if you happen to see this and you're still willing to share, I would dearly love the recipe for the standing and sliding box cards.

Kim