Sunday, August 24, 2014

Panda Note Holders

Holy Kamoly! Just realized this is already the last week in August! Went shopping this past weekend and saw that Halloween stuff has already hit the floors at many of the stores and the clerks at our local craft store were filling their shelves with Christmas decorations! Wow, talk about a wake up call! LOL, and I thought I was starting early by working on these little panda noteholder magnets for my mom's senior citizen group holiday craft sale. Just so happens my turn to share for our Cricut Club is coming up too, so I decided to make a whole bunch of these to take care of both projects at  once.
The idea for these came from my dear crafting friend, Lorna, who made these post it note holders for us for Mothers Day. Lorna decorated hers with an adorable stamped and paper pieced kokeshi doll image from Dandelion Designs. Not only were these very cute, but so useful too, and I thought they would work well as a quick and easy craft fair project. I took the measurements from the one Lorna had given me and created a cutfile for it in MTC so I could have my Silhouette cut several at once. After gluing and assembling the boxes, I thought it would be a neat idea to add magnets to the backs so people could stick them on to their filing cabinets at work or refrigerators at home.
Isn't this panda a cutie? Found him online by doing a Google image search for "kawaii panda" and had MTC convert him into a cutfile. Wanted a bamboo branch for my panda but I wasn't too successful in finding a suitable image online so I ended up drawing my own and rendered it into a cutfile.
Wrapped a belly band of washi paper and shimmery gold text weight paper around the box and added panda to the front with some foam squares. All done.
Okay, two projects down...bring on the next!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhhh, these are super kawaii. Guarantee to be a hot seller. I can just see the shoppers grabbing them quick. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Awe! These little pandas are too cute! Love their little heart belly's . Making them into magnets is such a great idea. Love it!

Jadams said...

You are so clever, Eunice!
I love the magnet idea.
These just may be a little Christmas gift idea for my family.
Thanks for sharing!

Tina H said...

Oh my cuteness! I love these little adorable pandas! What a neat gift idea. You are so creative and these are sure to be a hit at the craft sale. Have a wonderful day Eunice!

Leanne said...

Oh so cute Eunice!! Those pandas are kawaiiiiii!! hahaha! I agree with Karen these will be flying off the table! I really think I need to get me a silhouette if only to make fun little projects like this. It would make life so much easier. ahhaha!
Fun share! Hope you have a fabulous week!! Thanks for all your wonderful comments! Take care!