Saturday, July 26, 2014

ONE-derful Birthday Wishes

When I bought a brightly colored Sesame Street quilt as a gift for little Colin's First Birthday present, it was a no brainer that I needed to make a Sesame Street card to match, right? Dusted off my old Sesame Street Friends and Sesame Street Font Cricut cartridges, feeling happy that I would be using them again.
Thought it would be fun to have the Sesame Street characters peeking out of a Card In A Box...too bad there was only room enough inside the box for Elmo, Cookie Monster, the Grouch, and Big Bird. It was a bit of a tight squeeze but I also managed to fit in a present from Beyond Birthdays cartridge and a chocolate cupcake cut using a Cottage Cutz die.
Here's the view from the top which shows where each of the characters were placed on the struts inside the card.
And here's the card flattened with the sentiment on the back panel, ready to slip into an envelope.
Just wanted to mention that as I was remembering and having fun putting together my favorite characters for this card, I wondered if kids today still even watch Sesame Street anymore. LOL, ya know, at my age I often get kidded about being so out of touch...so had to do some checking...and happy to learn that Elmo, Big Bird and all the rest of the gang still are a favorite amongst preschoolers...this year celebrates 45 years for the show! You GO BIG BIRD!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy cow Eunice, you knocked this card out of the park. I can just see Colin's eyes light up when he sees your super colorful and happy, happy birthday card. You surely created another keepsake. Have a great weekend.

Leanne said...

OH MYYYY!! Eunice this is awesome!! Colin will definitely squeal for delight once he sees all those characters. I love that cartridge, it's one of my favorites and I regret that I don't use it as much as I used to. Fabulous design and totally fun share. Like Karen said another winner!
Thanks for all your lovely comments. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Jadams said...

What a sweet box card!
You cannot go wrong with the Sesame Street gang.
Colin's mom will surely keep this one for his scrapbook.

Little C's Creations said...

This is so cute, Eunice!! My cricut carts have been collecting dust! I need to dust them off and use again. Thanks for the inspiration. OXOX, Jen

Tina H said...

I love it! The polka dots, the stripes and all the characters...so much fun and sure to bring a smile to anyone who gets to see it! You did an excellent job fitting it all in. I know that can be challenging. It really came out great, Eunice! :)