Friday, July 11, 2014

Congratulations, Class of 2014!

The last three graduates on my list this year also got graduation hat boxes. Unfortunately, these didn't get done on time...just mailing them out this week. As mentioned on my previous post, you can get the cutting file for these cute boxes designed by Sunghee which she generously shares as a freebie on her website, Little Potato Studio.
I kept the embellishments with these the same as with the first box, using the graduate's school colors and keeping it minimal with just a banner and vellum rolled and tied with ribbon for a diploma.
I ended up cutting the slit for the $$$ to pass through a little too long on these boxes so I taped a strip of card stock onto the end of the first bill to prevent it from falling back into the box. A word of advice: since the bottom and sides of the cap are curved, the construction of this box is a lot easier if you use a thinner or more pliable brand of cardstock. I used a lighter weight  cardstock from an American Crafts cardstock stack to make the first previously posted box and had no problems, but really struggled with putting these last three together using a heavier, firmer Bazzill cardstock.
Tassels were made using embroidery floss and metallic cording and attached to the top of the hat with a matching brad.
Again, I used the graduates school logos as the background layer for my sentiment, cut them out with Spellbinders Label 2 dies, adhered them to the bottom of the hat boxes...and they were FINALLY DONE!

Congratulations, Class of 2014!!!!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, another set of awesome grad cap gift boxes. These are amazing and definitely a keepsake for the graduates. Have a fun and crafty weekend.

Leanne said...

Whoa!! These are amazing!! Definitely a fabulous gift.

Margarita Perez said...

The link is not working for litlepotatostudio.com, any idea why?

eunice said...

Hi Margarita, since this post was from 7 year ago, I guess the blog is no longer active and the reason the link doesn't work. If you email me with your email addy, I can send you the file for this if you are still interested.