Saturday, April 19, 2014

Last Minute Easter Baskets

Happy Easter! I was a little pre-occupied with other things and didn't get to do as much as I would have liked for Easter this year, but I did find just enough time to put together a few of these little baskets for friends and family. Good thing these were pretty quick to do!
I first saw these cute baskets with an easy to follow tutorial over at Whimsie Doodles. I needed my baskets to be just a bit larger so I could fit some cookies in them so I used a 7-1/2 inch square piece of cardstock instead.  I used a Martha Stewart double loops edge punch to add a little lace to the handles.

This cute little paper pieced chick comes from the Trio of  Chicks cutfile from My Scrap Chick, and the bunny with eggs was created using MTC to render an image I found on the internet. Because I was pressed for time, I ended up having my Silhouette machine cut all the pieces for the bunny, chick and eggs from plain white cardstock and used Copic pens to quickly color the pieces after cutting while still on the mat. This saved me time from having to select all the different colored cardstock and loading and reloading to cut the different pieces.
And for our sweet furbaby friends, I decorated a few gift bags to fill with Easter treats using a cute puppy and bunny ears cutfile from Treasure Box Designs...
Happily, I was able to finish eight of these baskets and doggie bags just in time for giving. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable time today spent with family and friends!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Eunice!
These are all super awesome! I love that you colored up the images instead of using pieces of cardstock. Definitely gives it a nice personal touch. I saw one of your baskets on Karen's blog today. A very lovely surprise.
Happy Easter Sunday!
^.^

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your baskets are amazing and I totally love the happy and bright colors. I finally opened my basket last night and am enjoying the yummy treats. I now have your cute basket proudly displayed on the top shelf of my computer desk in my craft "cave." :-)

Carole Beath said...

Love your baskets.... but oh my, that darlin' little chick is just toooooo cute.
Carole