Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hello Kitty Baby Blocks

Had another go at the baby blocks card, this time for the birth of a co-worker's new granddaughter. I really love that this card is so super easy to put together. You can find the video tutorial by Papercrafter 45 here.
Since baby's mommy is a big fan of Hello Kitty, I picked up a sweet Hello Kitty quilt (shown in the background) from "Moe Moe and More" and of course had to make a card to match!
Cutfile for paperpieced sweet baby Hello Kitty was created in MTC using a freebie image found over at FreePrintable.com.  Also used MTC to create the alphas on the blocks from New Times Roman font. Squares on the blocks were done by embossing plain white cardstock using Cuttlebug's Love Language embossing folder and a 1" square punch.
On the backside, I added baby's name, "Hilina"i" a lovely Hawaiian name which translates to mean "trust". All baby toy cuts (rattle, diaper pin, duck) are from Cricut New Arrival cartridge, and heart and flower are from the Cricut George font cartridge.
The card looks like this when flattened, ready to slip into an envelope with room enough on the bottom to add a little sentiment. This blocks card is so quick and easy to do that I'm sure I'll be using this as my "go to" card whenever I need a baby card, maybe with just a quick change of the character on the front...


2 comments:

Leanne said...

OMG Eunice! This is soo darn cute!! I bet your co-worker and her daughter were tickled pink to receive this. I did not expect it to look like that let alone fold flat! It looks like you built the blocks! Well done! I would love to try to make this card. Thanks for the link!
^.^

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Another AWESOME project of yours. Blows me away.