Sunday, December 1, 2013

Still the Only One for Me!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend spent with friends and family! Wow, can you believe it's December already?!!
Every year about ths time I find myself scrambling to keep up with the holidays ahead. In addition to Halloween and celebrating five family birthdays during the months of October and November, hubby and I also have our wedding anniversary in October.
For my anniversary card to hubby this year, I wanted to use a cute "rhymie-stymie" sentiment I came across on Pinterest..." Of all the fish in the sea... You're still the only one for me!" Thought a pleated center type card would be perfect for my fish themed anniversary greeting.
 
Here's the card opened, with my blue (hubby) and pink (me)  fishies swimming in the center of a heart shaped wreath of  seaweed!
I used the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge to cut all the fish and sea creatures, and Life's A Beach cartridge for the seaweed and coral. Heart shaped seaweed wreath was created in MTC.

Taking a closer look here shows the pleated center of the card where I glued  in strips of clear acetate (to suspend the fish and hearts), and stalks of seaweed in random pleats to add dimension.
Always have fun using this pleated center type card with strips of clear acetate whenever I want to create the illusion of objects floating or swimming...you can find a detailed and easy to follow photo tutorial for this shared by super talented Carol on her blog, Extreme Cards and Papercrafting.
I received a surprise delivery of a dozen beautiful long stemmed roses at my workplace from hubby on our anniversary (he's such a sweetie!)...and all he got from me was this card...and all my love, of course!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Eunice.
So well constructed.
Those little fish are sweet!
Congratulations on your anniversary.
PJ

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOWIE, what a dang cute card. I totally love it. You have such a good imagination. Happy belated anniversary to you and your hubby too.

StampinwithAloha said...

Amazing! So cute!

Lynn said...

Totally awesome anniversary card. Love the 'sea'-thru effect. You are always so creative. I get a 'boat-load' of ideas every time I visit your blog. Thanks!