Saturday, November 9, 2013

Wishing You A PAR-fect Birthday!

While searching the internet for golf themed images recently, I was happy to come across a few of good ol' Snoopy that I thought would work perfectly on a card for hubby's birthday. After using MTC to create a cut file for my golfing Snoopy,  I thought it might be fun to use him on an open front sliding box style card.
A tall panel was added to the back of the box to create a golf course background scene with the green, some trees and clouds. Snoopy and the tee were attached to the sliding element in the center.  I used a 3/8 inch circle punch for the golf ball and adhered it to a strip of clear acetate, which was glued to the inside of the card, hoping to create the look of it taking flight as Snoopy struck it with his club...fun!
Lastly, I added my sentiment to some labels and attached them to the front panels of the box.
Here's a view from the top that shows where each of the elements were attached inside the box.
And here it is folded flat, ready to slip into an envelope. LOL, as it turns out, this card worked out as a perfect match for the set of golf irons I just found out I was buying hubby for his birthday!
 

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You make the cutest cards. Bet your hubby with totally LOVE this awesome card.

Jenny said...

I need to take lessons from you... Still haven't unboxed my Silhouette!!

Creations by Patti said...

Definitely a fun card to make. So thoughtful of you to do that for Glen - he is lucky! Cute Snoopy goofing off............I mean golfing off.

Lynn said...

Oh boy, your hubby is going to love this super fun card. What a par-fect match with the golf club set. The acetate part is absolute genius...you are soooo clever! Thank you for another fantastic card idea.

Anonymous said...

what a fun birthday card!

you always have such great projects.

tfs
Pat