Monday, September 30, 2013

Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac: Year of the Dragon {and friends!}

Today I'm sharing a project featuring the last of the twelve animals in the Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac collection, the Year of the Dragon. Isn't he a cutie? LOL, not sure if dragons ever want to be called "cute" but you gotta admit, this one is really CUTE! He sorta reminds me of Mushu, the dragon from Disney's Mulan....but way CUTER!
My project today is actually one that I have been wanting to do from the very beginning when I first learned I would have the honor of joining the DT to introduce the fabulous line of Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac collection. It includes not only the featured new Year of the Dragon stamp, but all of his other eleven zodiac animal friends as well...
This was pretty much a simple project to put together. I used an inexpensive wall clock purchased from WalMart, took it apart and just replaced the face. Initially I had wanted to include the kanji characters for each of the animals, but ended up leaving them off since it was getting pretty crowded. The diameter of this clock face is 9-1/2 inches; and since my cardstock is 12x12, I really couldn't get too much larger.
I had my Silhouette cut the circles for the face from cardstock and after stamping, coloring and cutting out each of the zodiac animals, they were placed in the order of their years, starting with the Year of the Rat and ending with the Year of the Boar. Black flatback rhinestones were used for the hour markers.
 

Re-introducing (in order of year)... Year of the Rat, Year of the Ox, Year of the Tiger, Year of the Rabbit, Year of the Dragon and Year of the Snake...
 
 ...Year of the Horse, Year of the Ram, Year of the Monkey, Year of the Rooster, Year of the Dog, and finally Year of the Boar.
And there you have it, the entire fabulous line of animals from the Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac Collection! Have you begun collecting yet? The New Year 2014 isn't too faraway...it will be the Year of the Horse...lol, get started on decorating your calendars soon!
Please stop by to visit the blogs of our Design Team to see their fun creative projects! Leaving a comment on Jenny's post over at the Sister Stamps blog and Linda's You Tube video enters you in two chances to win the new Year of the Dragon stamp!
 
Linda's You Tube video: Lfundoo
Laura: By TKG
Patti:   Creations By Patti
      

6 comments:

CarlavdM said...

How wonderfull to see all the animals of the Zodiac together.
Wish I had a clock like that.
Now I need to order these last stamps!

eva said...

wow! what a wonderful idea!

Creations by Patti said...

GREAT job on this project - it is way better than what I imagine when you thought about making it - a treasure for sure........maybe you can auction it off!!!! It is so adorable and fun. Love how all the colors all go together.....spectacular!!!!

Jenny said...

AMAZING! I never thought to put them all on a clock before! I'm so happy you agreed to help with the zodiac releases! Thank you so much Eunice!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy moly, this is a knock-out awesome idea. It would make such a great gift too. WOWSER!!!

Joy said...

Awesome project! Love it!