Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wedding Gown Shower Card

Here is another recessed window card I came up with for a wedding shower I was recently invited to. This time around I decided to change it up a bit by adding a frame to the front of the window to fancy it up from the usual square or rectangular window. Though the window opening underneath the frame is still rectangular, adding the frame cut from Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge made the window appear as if it were fancy cut.
For the wedding dress and hanger, I used a gown from the Cricut Formal Affair cartridge. Under layer on the dress was cut from glittery mylar to add a little bling. Behind the dress, I used a light green cardstock for background to keep with the bride's wedding color scheme. To add a some glitz, I spritzed on a heavy coat of Maya Road Maya Mist, Irridescent Pearl, quickly dried with a heatgun to reduce warping and ran it thru my Cuttlebug Juli's Garden embossing folder. Hard to tell from the photos but the resulting irridescent sheen on the green paper was really quite pretty.
Oh, almost forgot to mention...the tiny filigree heart accent on the bottom of the frame is a cut from Cricut Straight From The Nest cartridge. Using Cricut Design Studio, this was welded together with the frame from the Elegant Edges cartridge.
Used this same color scheme to create a matching card for the wedding which I will share later after the wedding...

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, love the elegant details on your card. BEAUTIFUL!

Jan Castle said...

Very PRETTY card...perfect for the wedding shower!

Lynn said...

Ohhhh! Ahhhh! How gorgeous! I love the framing of the dress. This is a superb idea. Thanks for showing it to blogland.