Saturday, March 30, 2013

New Sister Stamps Release #12

Hi all! Welcome back as we preview the stamps from Sister Stamps Release #12, which includes the next two Chinese Zodiac stamps, the Rooster and Dog. My project today features the adorable new Year of the Dog stamp. As many of you already know, I am an avid dog lover who often decorates gift bags during special holidays to fill with treats and toys for my doggie Latte to give to her doggie pals. So of course the first thing that came to mind when I saw this sweet dog image was to create a gift for a doggie friend...uh, or at least for a fellow dog owner friend! Can you guess what this might be? Kind of looks like a pocket calendar or checkbook cover, doesn't it?
From the backside, it looks sort of like an envelope with a tabbed closure...
Look inside and you'll find...
Doggie treat bags! I stamped directly onto the sandwich bags with permanent StazOn ink to decorate them. LOL, you might have to be a dog lover to understand this, but I know several ladies who always keep ziplock sandwich bags in their purses just so they can take their leftovers from eating out home to their faithful canine companions. Thought this little holder might be kind of a cute and convenient way to store those baggies in their purses. Can't easily tell from the photos, but if you look closely, you'll see that the holder is encased in plastic so it can be easily kept in your purse without getting worn. The plastic cover was created by slipping the holder into clear page protector, trimming it to fit and sealing with an electric bag sealer. Kind of a fun and novel project, huh.
Okay, please head on over to the blogs of the rest of the DT members to check out their fabulous projects featuring this new release:
 
Jenny:     Sister Stamps Blog 
Debi:       Crafty Buzz
Vera:       Lings Happy Place
Patti:        Creations by Patti
Laura:      By TKG
 
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for to get a peek at my project using the new Year of the Rooster stamp!


5 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

very cute!!!! Love the "doggie" zip lock. Also love the way the color of the dog.........almost looks like a pomeranian.

Jenny said...

Such a cool idea! Though, I don't really think I would use them.. too cute to use!

Lynn said...

Oh, you are so clever! I love making things for friends with pets and this is a fantastic idea....better than a poop bag holder which I just gifted to a friend LOL!

Lynn said...

Oh, you are so clever! I love making things for friends with pets and this is a fantastic idea....better than a poop bag holder which I just gifted to a friend LOL!

Laura said...

What a great idea to stamp the bags!! I will have to remember that for EVERY occasion!