Sunday, March 10, 2013

Always Together...

This is the card I made for hubby to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary last year. Our anniversary was actually back in October, but due to all the holiday project posts, I haven't had a chance to post this till now. I came across the saying on the front of this card a while ago on a card shared on the Cricut Message board and thought it would be perfect for an anniversary card together with the "Chinese Take Out" panda cutting files I purchased online from Designs On Cloud 9.

On the inside, I used the fun Pop Up Stage card technique...tutorial for this by Kim Score can be found over at Splitcoaststampers. The rice bowl, teapot and cup behind the pandas are from the Cricut Pagoda cartridge;  the branch was cut from the Sizzix Birds and Branches Decorative Strip die; and blossoms are from a mini Punch Bunch punch. The rice in the bowl was run thru the Cuttlebug "Tiny Bubbles" embossing folder to add some fun texture.
Here's a closeup of the two cutie pandas holding their fortune cookies. I added black pearls for their eyes and eyelashes to one of them by welding commas to her eyes in MTC.
This view of the bottom half of the card shows the tabs underneath the "stage" that hold the popped up elements.
Label for the sentiment was cut from the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge and adhered to the front of the stage. The finished card was a bit bulky so I added a length of ribbon so I could tie it shut with a bow.
Had so much fun putting this card together! Usually I struggle with cards for hubby, but this one turned out just how I had imagined...that doesn't happen often, but love it when it does!


7 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, how adorable is that? I can see on the love you put into your project. Happy Belated Anniversary.

Joy said...

This is so darn cute! Love the Pandas, love the rice bowl, love the fortune cookies, just love it all!
Happy belated Anniversary! I would wait for a card like this!

Lynn said...

This is the BEST anniversary card I've ever seen!I don't know how you keep coming up with such clever masterpieces. I love every extra detail you added especially the fortune cookies. The saying is perfect too. You even put eyelashes on the girl panda! I am definitely putting this in my look-at-again-and-again file!

BOBBI said...

Oh, this is the most beautiful anniversary card I have ever seen. Love asian themes too. My hubby of almost 54 years in September might be getting a card something like this, if you don't mind. Love everything you did on the card but don't think I can do it like you. Such an awesome creation.
Happy belated anniversary.
hugs
bobbi

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- fabulous card!!! I think it is amazing- would love to CASE it....! I am going to PIN it to my Asian board : )

Anonymous said...

Adorable.
Have to try this tutorial.
Jessie Adams

Creations by Patti said...

Absolutely gorgeous anniversary card!!!! As always, great job!!! So cute.........just like the both of you!!! hugs, P